#MyLighthouseTrail winner announced!
After months of following all of your fantastic #MyLighthouseTrail photos, we have a winner!
The winner of our 2022 #MyLighthouseTrail photo competition is... Oleg Promakhov!
His energetic pic at Loop Head Lighthouse was a big hit with our judges.
Huge congratulations to Oleg and absolutely everyone who took part in the competition this summer.
Watch the judging process in the short video below.
We’re delighted so many of you embarked on a lighthouse trail this summer, with 17 Great Lighthouses of Ireland experiences around the island of Ireland – there’s even more to discover!
Each one showcases a host of unique experiences, from fascinating visitor centres to lighthouse tower tours, charming overnight accommodation, and even exciting boat trips.
Our lucky 2022 winner Oleg will enjoy a specially-curated, 7-night stay and self-drive tour across three lighthouses.
- 7 nights accommodation at 3 different lighthouses
- Access to Great Lighthouses of Ireland visitor attractions, tours and boat trips
- Recommendations at each location and behind-the-scenes tours of hidden towers, walking routes and activities from our amazing StoryKeepers
- Lots of surprises and hidden gems as our lighthouse hosts share their favourite recommendations along the way
- Terms and conditions apply
Suggested routes and itineraries may include some of the following:
- Wild Atlantic Way: Donegal & Mayo – Fanad Lighthouse and St John’s Point, Co. Donegal; Blacksod Lighthouse and Clare Island Lighthouse, Co. Mayo.
- Wild Atlantic Way: Clare, Kerry & Cork – Loop Head Lighthouse, Co. Clare; Valentia Island Lighthouse, Co. Kerry; Fastnet Rock and Galley Head Lighthouse, Co. Cork.
- Wild Atlantic Way & Ireland’s Ancient East: Cork & Wexford – Fastnet Rock, Galley Head Lighthouse and Ballycotton Lighthouse, Co. Cork; Hook Lighthouse, Co. Wexford; Wicklow Head Lighthouse, Co. Wicklow.
- Embrace a Giant Spirit: Down, Antrim & Belfast – St John’s Point Lighthouse, Co. Down, The Great Light and Belfast Maritime Quarter, Belfast; Blackhead Lighthouse and Rathlin West Light, Co. Antrim.